The Bakers' Corner website is currently experiencing technical difficulties. We apologise for any inconvenience caused; the recipe for the 'Easter Chocolate Brownie Caramel Tart', as seen in this month's Nourish, can be found below.
Easter Chocolate Brownie Caramel Tart
Everyone will love this spectacular Easter dessert which combines the luscious flavours of chocolate and pastry.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes (plus chilling and cooling time)
Cooking Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 75g cold butter, chopped
- ¼ cup (55g) caster sugar
- ½ cup (60g) almond meal
- 1-2 tbsp water
- Caramel Filling
- 60g butter, softened
- 395g can NESTLÉ Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 tbsp thickened cream
- Chocolate Brownie
- 80g butter, softened
- ½ cup (110g) caster sugar
- 100g PLAISTOWE Premium Dark Chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup (35g) plain flour, sifted
- 1 tbsp PLAISTOWE Dutch Processed Cocoa
- Milk Chocolate Ganache
- 200g PLAISTOWE Premium Milk Chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1/3 cup (80mL) thickened cream
How to Make
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 160°C fan forced. Lightly grease a 24cm loose bottom 3cm deep flan tin, line base with baking paper.
- Process flour and butter until crumbly; add sugar, almond meal and water, process until ingredients come together. Gently knead dough on lightly floured surface until smooth. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Roll dough between 2 sheets of baking paper until large enough to line tin. Ease dough into tin; press into base and side. Trim edges; prick base all over with fork. Place tin on an oven tray; line with baking paper fill with dried beans or uncooked rice. Bake 15 minutes; carefully remove paper and beans/rice from pastry case, bake a further 10 minutes, cool. Reduce oven to 170°C/ 150°C fan forced.
- Make Caramel Filling: Combine butter, NESTLÉ Sweetened Condensed Milk, golden syrup and cream in a medium saucepan, cook, stirring, over medium heat for 5-8 minutes, or until caramel becomes golden brown, cool for 5 minutes. Spread caramel into pastry case; stand for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Make Chocolate Brownie: melt butter and sugar in a small saucepan, until sugar has dissolved; remove from heat, stir in PLAISTOWE Premium Dark Chocolate until melted, cool for 5 minutes. Stir in egg, then flour, then PLAISTOWE Premium Dutch Processed Cocoa. Pour mixture over caramel, bake for 30 minutes, and cool in tin.
- Make Milk Chocolate Ganache: In a small bowl combine PLAISTOWE Premium Milk Chocolate and cream. Microwave uncovered on MEDIUM (50%) for 1 minute; stir. Repeat process in 30 second intervals until melted and smooth, spread over tart, refrigerate for 4 hours or until chilled.