Nestlé collects, holds and uses personal information in the following areas:
- Business Relations2 and
Consumer information is usually collected via promotions, competitions and consumer queries. The information may include:
- your name, address, contact number(s) and email address
- information about your preference for goods or services we offer from time to time
- details of any prizes you may have won
- a record of any queries you have made
Purposes for collecting the information
Wherever possible, Nestlé collects this information directly from you. We use it for the following purposes
- to contact you directly about Nestlé, its brands, special offers, samples and other promotions
- to reward you for being a loyal Nestlé customer
- to inform you of Nestlé products or publications we think you might be interested in
- to approve transactions you wish to make
- to confirm your identity
- to provide you with products you have requested
- to follow up or pursue any queries you make
- to conduct consumer research
How we manage personal information
Nestlé is dedicated to keeping personal information secure. This includes physical security, computer and network security, communications security and personnel security.
Important Information on promotions, competitions & other marketing activities for consumers
All entries become the property of Nestlé (and any third parties conducting joint promotions with Nestlé).
Nestlé supports permission based marketing. Where consent exists, Nestlé may enter your details into a database for the purpose of contacting you directly about Nestlé, its brands, special offers, samples, consumer research and other promotions.
You can advise us if you would prefer not to be directly contacted by us by visiting the optout page and completing your details at any time or call 1800 005 510 (9am-5pm AEST) to register your details.
You may also update the information we hold on you by visiting the change details page or request an update through the Nestlé Privacy Officer. Contact details are outlined below under ‘Access and correction of details’.
Winners details and a description of the prizes will be entered on a database to comply with record-keeping requirements of relevant Australian State and Territory lotteries and gaming legislation. Details will also be published in accordance with the terms and conditions of each promotion.
Entries are held for up to 13 months after the last prize draw. After this, they are then destroyed in a secure manner.
Except where you are otherwise notified, Nestlé does not sell, rent or otherwise make available any personal information to third parties. Nestlé outsources certain business functions to other organisations. For this purpose, and only for the purpose of providing services to Nestlé, personal information may, as required, be transferred to or handled by:
- our related companies
- organisations which provide services to us, such as mailing houses, promotion and advertising agencies and consumer research agencies
- credit reference agencies or other credit providers
- government or statutory authorities
that may directly contact you on behalf of Nestlé.
Access and correction of details
You can access personal information Nestlé holds on you by contacting the Nestlé Privacy Officer in writing. If the information held is inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date you may request Nestlé to correct the information.
If you are concerned about a possible interference with your privacy, please contact the Nestlé Privacy Officer at:
Address: Nestlé Australia Ltd
GPO Box 4320
Sydney NSW 2001
Facsimile: (02) 9736-0406
Or, complete the ‘Contact Us‘ form to contact Nestlé’s Privacy Officer via e-mail.
Sending to a friend
By using the send to a friend feature, you’re requesting a message be sent to another person via email. Below is important information about using this send to a friend facility.
- An email will be sent to each recipient(s) you specify
- The email that is sent will display that the email is from your email address and may include your name in the message area
- If the recipient of the message replies to the message, then the reply will go back to your email address
- If an address provided on the send to a friend form is invalid, or if the email cannot be delivered for other reasons, you may receive a failure notice from a remote mail system in response to the message
- Should the details of the send to a friend request not comply with any terms and conditions of any promotion associated with the request, the message will not be sent
Revised by Nestlé Corporate Communications
1 Related companies include Cereal Partners Australia Pty Ltd.
2 Business Relations Personal information of those with whom we have business relations typically relates to that information necessary for the proper and efficient conduct of business.
3 Employment Personal information collected from our contractors, as with Business Relations above, typically relates to that information necessary for the proper and efficient conduct of business, especially in relation to the engagement of the contractor’s services. Information is also collected from potential employees in the recruitment process.
For more information about your privacy go to http://privacy.gov.au/