Nestlé today announced the launch of Starbucks by Nescafé Dolce Gusto - a new range of coffee capsules under the Starbucks brand to be available in Australia. This is the first Starbucks coffee product developed using the Nescafé Dolce Gusto proprietary coffee and system technology and consists of six signature flavours that customers can enjoy in the comfort of their own home.
“Starbucks by Nescafé Dolce Gusto capsules are among the first products developed by Nestlé and Starbucks since the two companies formally joined forces in August last year to create the global coffee alliance,” said Rebecca Dobbins, Head of Café Inspired Beverages at Nestlé.
“For many Australians, the smell and taste of Starbucks coffee is unmistakable, and Starbucks by Nescafé Dolce Gusto allows coffee lovers to recreate the Starbucks Experience at home. The new range of at-home products is a game changer for the evolving coffee industry, and we’re thrilled to expand our coffee portfolio and bring a new, exciting coffee experience into the homes of our customers in Australia,” she added.
The new range of capsules includes six signature flavours, ranging from Starbucks blends and single-origin coffees to Caramel Macchiato and Cappuccino, each made from 100% high-quality arabica coffee, ethically sourced from farmers in the world’s premier coffee growing regions. From rich, dark roasts to light, subtle flavours, the new Starbucks by Nescafé Dolce Gusto coffee capsule range is set to transform the at-home coffee experience in Australia.
• Starbucks® Caramel Macchiato: Delightfully rich and decadent, this creamy blend combines layers of smooth vanilla and buttery caramel with espresso, for an oh-so-sweet finish.
• Starbucks® Cappuccino: With a distinct espresso flavour and silky-smooth texture, the Cappuccino tastes like velvety perfection.
• Starbucks® Blonde Espresso: Designed to gently awaken the senses, Blonde Roast is light, subtle and soft with mellow acidity, delivering a universally enjoyable choice.
• Starbucks® Espresso Roast: Featuring a blend of beans from Latin America and Asia/Pacific, the Espresso Roast boasts a rich aroma and soft acidity balanced with a dense caramel sweetness.
• Starbucks® Americano House Blend: Fine Latin American beans are roasted to a dark chestnut colour to create a smooth, dark roast, with aroma, body and flavour all in balance. With tastes of nut and cocoa, this is the very first blend created by Starbucks back in 1971.
• Starbucks® Veranda Americano: A lightly roasted coffee, the Veranda is subtle with delicate nuances of soft cocoa and lightly toasted nuts.
Starbucks and Nestlé share a commitment to sustainability. These capsules can be recycled through a partnership with TerraCycle.
Beginning in November, consumers in Australia will be able enjoy their Starbucks coffee at home when the capsules become available at Big W, Harvey Norman, Good Guys, JBHIFI, Amazon and Nestlé’s digital platform. The capsules can be found at supermarkets and other retailers starting in May 2020.
The Starbucks by Nescafé Dolce Gusto coffee capsules are priced at RRP $8.50 per pack, although prices may vary by retailer.
Additionally, a new range of Starbucks by Nescafé Dolce Gusto bundle packs (with bonus value) will be available for a limited time beginning in November. The new bundle pack will be distributed by Australian brand Breville and will include:
• Premium Starter Kit: all-inclusive starter kit with Lumio Automatic machine, milk frother, plus two boxes of capsules. Priced at RRP $129.00.
• Bundle Pack: all-inclusive bundle pack with Mini Me Automatic machine, Starbucks tumbler, plus two boxes of capsules (also available with Lumio machine). Priced at RRP $99.00.
Through the global coffee alliance, Nestlé has the perpetual rights to market Starbucks Consumer Packaged Goods and Foodservice coffee and tea products around the world, outside of Starbucks coffee houses and excluding Ready-to-Drink products.