‘Baristart’ Michael Breach has drawn intricate portraits of famous faces including Leonardo DiCaprio, Kurt Cobain and Martin Luther King, not on canvas or paper, but in the froth that sits on top of a cappuccino.
Now the internationally-renowned ‘coffee artist of the stars’ is heading to Australia to paint local celebrities and icons in coffee with the help of the innovative NESCAFÉ® Dolce Gusto® machine.
Breach uses a bamboo skewer as a brush to create images of iconic people, places and symbols in the milk froth of a coffee.
To celebrate his visit to Australia, Breach will be creating #DolceGustoArt portraits of Australian celebrities including Kylie Minogue and Cate Blanchett; iconic landmarks such as the Sydney Opera House; and animals including koalas and kangaroos; with the help of the innovative NESCAFÉ® Dolce Gusto® machines.
“Australians have a great reputation as coffee lovers and I’m excited to be bringing my coffee art to Australia to show how café-quality coffee, and coffee art, is possible at home with NESCAFÉ® Dolce Gusto®. Coffee art is about enjoying coffee; savouring the flavour and each coffee moment. I think everyone deserves great coffee,” says Michael Breach, aka Mr ‘Baristart’.
The coffee art extraordinaire will bring his signature portraits and crema creations to Australia from 24 to 31 March 2014, making guest appearances and creating #DolceGustoArt at NESCAFÉ® Dolce Gusto® pop-up cafes in Sydney and Melbourne.
With a third of Australians now preferring to make coffee at home, the purchase of café style coffee machines is on the rise1. Home capsule machines like NESCAFÉ® Dolce Gusto® offer a cost-effective, quality alternative to expensive café beverages; bringing seriously good coffee into the home.
Breach’s visit comes as NESCAFÉ® Dolce Gusto® launches a nationwide promotion of a $75 cash back offer on three machine models between 6 March – 11 May 2014. The offer is available for eligible purchases made on all GENIO, MELODY and CIRCOLO machines found at retailers such as Harvey Norman, Target, BigW and more (full terms available at www.dolce-gusto.com.au).Michael Breach will be attending the following NESCAFÉ® Dolce Gusto® pop-up cafés:
Monday 24 March 2014 - 8:30am to 11:30am
- Wynyard Park, Corner Margaret Street and York Street, Sydney NSW
– Monday 24 March 2014 - 8:30am to 11:30am
- Broadway Shopping Centre, 1 Bay Street, Ultimo NSW
– Tuesday 25 March 2014 - 9:00am to 10:30am
- Melbourne Central Shopping Centre, LaTrobe Street & Swanston Street, Melbourne VIC
– Monday 24 to Sunday 30 March 2014 - 7:00am to 10 am
- Wynyard Park, Corner Margaret Street and York Street, Sydney NSW –7am to 2pm Monday 24 March
- Broadway Shopping Centre, 1 Bay Street, Ultimo NSW – Tuesday 25 to Sunday 30 March 2014
- Melbourne Central Shopping Centre, LaTrobe Street & Swanston Street, Melbourne VIC – Monday 24 to Sunday 30 March 2014
- Lakeside Joondalup Shopping Centre, 420 Joondalup Drive, Joondalup WA – Monday 24 to Sunday 30 March 2014
In the ultimate collaboration of art, design and great coffee, Breach will be creating #DolceGustoArt in guest appearances at the Sydney and Melbourne NESCAFÉ® Dolce Gusto® pop-up cafes. Some lucky people will be able to get their likeness immortalised in froth by the master himself, or simply learn some tips and tricks of their own to impress friends.