Today audiences at the Sydney Royal Easter Show, watched on with amazement as a former rescue dog, BLAZE, the Australian champion of Dock Dogs took a giant jump into a 100,000 litre pool as part of the SUPERCOAT SPECTACULAR.
BLAZE, a kelpie/red cattle dog was originally adopted from Animal Welfare League Australia and now holds the title with a massive 27.4ft [8.3m] jump.
Dock Dogs is one of the fastest growing dog sports across the globe and is just one of the activities on display at the SUPERCOAT SPECTACULAR that includes a group of over 70 rescue dogs trained at the Australian Canine & Sports Centre.
“BLAZE only started training for Dock Dogs in January this year. It really helped with some of his anxiety issues and he was having fun so we went to the Nationals and he is now the biggest jumping dog in the Southern hemisphere.We’re very proud of him and are excited for Sydney to meet him and cheer him on to break more records,” said his owner/trainer Aleigh Fargher.
You can still catch BLAZE and this amazing display on Thursday 17 April and Monday 21 April at the SUPERCOAT SPECTACULAR with performances including Treiball, K9 FUNgility, Dog High Jump, SUPERCOAT Tricksters and Canine Disk.
Farmer Dave, Trainer and Owner at the ACSTC is thrilled to be working with SUPERCOAT at the Sydney Royal Easter Show. “After months of training we just can’t wait to be able to showcase our dogs and their amazing talents at the Sydney Royal Easter Show. It’s hard to believe that the majority of these now confident and capable dogs are originally rescue animals.”
WHAT: THE SUPERCOAT SPECTACULAR
WHEN: Thursday 17 April & Monday 21 April
WHERE: SUPERCOAT Arena, Daily Telegraph Park, Sydney Royal Easter Show
TIMES: Shows (30min duration)
|9.45am – 10.15am||10.45am – 11.15am||11.45am – 12.15am|
|12.45pm – 1.15pm||1.45pm – 2.15pm||2.45pm – 3.15pm|
|3.45pm – 4.15pm||4.45pm – 5.15pm|
The SUPERCOAT SPECTACULAR: SHOW HIGHLIGHTS
- Treiball: It’s Sheep Herding without the sheep! Perfect for the inner herder in the inner city. Soccer playing dogs push large coloured balls using their nose and shoulder under the direction of their handler into 6’ goal posts.
- Dock Dogs: Fastest growing dog sport globally is all about fun. See the highest flying dogs in the southern hemisphere explode off a world class 40’ dock and splashdown into a 100,000 litre pool to the roar of excitement.
- K9 FUNgility: Its time to lose the apparatus and bring out the kids! Farmer Dave selects audience members to form a series of agility equipment and test our K9’s through this new challenge.
- The Dog High Jump: Taking an old country classic to new heights with our dogs taking on the vertical challenge of who is Sydney Royal Easter Shows highest flyer.
- Agility: Competing in teams of professional versus rescue dogs with only 6 weeks training this high paced sport proves that with great training and coaching the podium is only a paw away.
- The SUPERCOAT Tricksters: The team at Australian Canine Sports & Training Centre take the audience on a journey of taking K9’s from dumped dogs to Sydney Royal Easter Show Superstars with their array of trained tricks and K9 stunts to show what can be achieved with any dog and their humans.
- Canine Disc: It’s a supercharged high energy activity display by international superstars Jeff and Brody in this draw dropping routine of talent with high flying Frisbee high jinx.
For more information about the dog activities at the Sydney Royal Easter Show visit: