Overview of the Nestlé Oceania region
Nestlé Oceania is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Swiss-based, global food and beverages company, Nestlé S.A.
The Oceania region encompasses Australia, New Zealand, and the Pacific Islands. Nestlé Oceania employs more than 5,000 people in over 70 offices, factories and distribution centres strategically located across the region. Nestlé Oceania's first trademark was registered in New Zealand in 1885 and in 1908 the first office was opened in Sydney, Australia. Regional headquarters is now located at Rhodes in Sydney, not far from the site of the 2000 Olympic Games; New Zealand’s head office is based in Auckland.
The Nestlé Pacific Islands business includes Papua New Guinea, New Caledonia, Fiji, French Polynesia, the Solomon Islands, Vanuatu, Tonga, Samoa and the small islands of Tuvalu, Niue, the Cook Islands, Kiribati, Nauru, Tokelau, Wallis & Futuna and Pitcairn. Many of these island nations are independent sovereign states with their own languages, cultures, governments, laws, currencies, purchasing patterns and distribution channels.
While much of our work is aimed at providing local products for local needs, we also take advantage of export opportunities where they arise.
Nestlé Oceania brands include: Nescafé, International Roast, Nesquik, Milo, Maggi, Nestlé Carnation, Kit Kat, Aero, Smarties, Wonka, Soothers, Allens, Uncle Tobys and Sunshine.
Other Nestlé operations in the region include:
- Cereal Partners Worldwide: Cheerios, MILO cereal, Nesquik cereal and Uncle Tobys Cereals
- Nestlé Professional: Nescafé, Maggi, Andronicus, Buitoni, Pattiserie d’Artiste
- Nestlé Purina PetCare: PVD (Purina Veterinary Diets), Pro Plan Dog, Dog Chow, Cat Chow, Friskies, Purina One, Beneful, Fancy Feast, Gourmet, ALPO, Bakers, Darling, Felix and Beggin Strips
- Infant Nutrition: NAN, Lactogen (Infant Formula)
- Performance Nutrition: Powerbar, PRIA, SLM
- Healthcare Nutrition: Sustagen, Optifast
- Nespresso: Nespresso systems
- Nestlé Waters: San Pellegrino, Perrier, Vittel
Some Nestlé brands are produced under licence:
- Nestlé yoghurts and dairy desserts are produced under licence by Fonterra.
- Lean Cuisine is produced under licence by Simplot.
The Nestlé Group also has an interest of more than 26% in the world’s leading cosmetics company, L’Oreal. Together Nestlé and L’Oreal have leveraged their relationship by forming two further joint ventures, Galderma and Innéov, to develop leading edge products in dermatology and the new field of nutricosmetics.
For more details on Nestlé in Oceania, download the Creating Shared Value report (pdf, 6.7Mb)